Joining the Stonebridge United Methodist Church Family
All members and visitors are welcome to worship our Savior Jesus Christ in the community of Stonebridge United Methodist Church. There is a place for everyone who desires a closer relationship with Christ. Full Membership in the church is an opportunity to become a part of the body of Christ by making a commitment to the congregation of Stonebridge UMC and to the greater United Methodist Church. We invite you and your family to take the next step into church membership.
You are invited to attend our next Explore Stonebridge event, where you can learn about getting connected and joining our church family. Come meet the pastors and learn how we as a church strive to live and love like Jesus. Contact Pastor Jana for details.
- Sunday, July 22, 10 a.m. - Quad Room
- Sunday, October 21, 10 a.m. - Quad Room
Connect to Stonebridge
You are invited to our next Connect to Stonebridge Lunch. This is an opportunity to visit with the pastors more in depth and learn more about the church. Please RSVP to Pastor Jana or contact her for more details.
- Sunday, August 12, 11:45 a.m. - Quad Room
- Sunday, November 18, 11:45 a.m. - Quad Room
At Stonebridge UMC, it is our practice for new members to join and to be introduced to our church family during one of our Sunday worship services, Celebration Service or The Bridge.* To schedule a time to join, please contact Rev. Jana Lunardon or 972-529-5601, ext. 328.
Joining Sundays are held quarterly for those who would like to join outside of the worship setting with a smaller group.
- Sunday, June 17, 10 a.m. - Quad Room
- Sunday, September 23, 10 a.m. - Quad Room
- Sunday, December 9, 10 a.m. - Quad Room
Many people have questions about what is expected as a member of the church. As an adult making the decision to become a Full Member, you are asked to commit to these guiding principles:
- PRAYER-studying scripture and praying daily
- PRESENCE-weekly attendance in worship
- GIFTS-giving sacrificially of personal finances to the church and its mission and ministries
- SERVICE-giving of your time and spiritual gifts
- WITNESS-living and loving like Jesus in daily life
Sacrament of Holy Baptism
Baptism is a requirement for adults to become full members in the United Methodist Church. Many people have questions about the Holy Sacrament of Baptism and membership, and we welcome your questions at any time. If you have questions or would like to schedule a Baptism,* please contact Rev. Jana Lunardon or 972-529-5601, ext. 312.
*If you are already a member and need to update contact or status information, please fill out this form.