Malvern Angel Tree
- Pick an angel from the trees November 5, 12, 19
- Purchase one outfit and one toy for your angel
- Purchase additional gifts for our Malvern parent shopping experience
- Return angel and additional gifts unwrapped by November 26
- Help Malvern parents shop and wrap gifts on December 3
- Contact Pastor Courtney for more details
Malvern Coat Drive
- Donate clean, gently-used or new coats for kindergarten-5th grades
- Bring donations by November 12
- Students also love hoodies, hats, gloves, and scarves
Malvern Pumpkin Bread
- Provided to teachers and staff as Thanksgiving treat
- 90 full-size loaves (in disposable pans) are needed
- Please contact Carol Dean to let her know how many loaves you plan to bake
- Loaves delivered to the church by the evening of Wednesday, November 15
Hearts & Hands For Malvern
Stonebridge UMC partners with a local elementary school to help provide support and resources which help students achieve their greatest potential in these early education years. Throughout the year, our congregation volunteers their time in the classrooms, raises funds and supplies for teachers and students, provides a summer food program for students who may face hunger outside of school, hosts appreciation events for teachers and staff, and much more! Partner with us as we partner with the students, faculty, and staff at Malvern Elementary.
In 2017 we will:
•Pair every teacher with a Classroom Partner who will volunteer at least 1 hour a week in the classroom.
•Host a Summer Food Pantry that helps families with Malvern students who may otherwise be hungry.
•Host a Christmas Gift program for families with Malvern students who are in financial need.
•Volunteer as a part of the school-wide field day.
•Provide appreciation treats and luncheons for teachers and staff several times in the year.
•Provide school supplies to students in the Fall and classroom supplies to teachers in the Spring.
•And partner with the principal and PTA on any other projects needed.
•Most Importantly: We will build relationships with our neighbors in the community as we grow and learn together!
For more information, contact Pastor Courtney.
We are in need of 35 Classroom Partners at our partner school Malvern Elementary this year. Classroom Partners commit to serve at least one hour per week throughout the school year in a designated teacher’s classroom. Partners might read to students, help with Math activities, or assist the teacher in many other ways. If you are interested in becoming a Classroom Partner, please contact Pastor Courtney and include any grade level preferences you may have.
School Supply Drive
Thank you to all those who donated supplies for teachers and students.
Summer Food Program
Thank you to all those who donated food and time to help with this ministry this year.