Stonebridge UMC Student Ministries
The Student Ministries at Stonebridge UMC offer different opportunities from Sunday school, UMYF, choir, summer activities, serving trips, and so much more for youth in 6th-12th grade to grow closer to one another, closer to God, and deeper in their own faith. Our mission is to answer God’s call by reaching out to students by creating a safe and accepting environment, to build trusting relationships, and develop disciples by exploring God’s word through community, worship, service, and prayer.
All youth are welcome and encouraged to join us as we journey together and discover where God is moving in our lives and calling us out in the world.
Peace and blessings,
Pastor Maggie Jenkins-Proshek
972-529-5601 ext. 327
Stonebridge UMC Youth Weekly Schedule
- 9 - 10 a.m. Middle School Sunday School for Grades 6-8 in Room 255
- 9 - 10 a.m. High School Sunday School for Grades 9-12 in Room 252
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Ascend Choir Rehearsal for Grades 6-8
- 4 - 5 p.m. High School Bible Study with Pastor Maggie for Grades 9-12 in Room 252
- Higher Ground Choir Rehearsal for Grades 9-12
- 6 - 7 p.m. Middle School Bible Study with Pastor Maggie for Grades 6-8 in Room 252
- 7 - 8:30 p.m. Upper Alley UMYF (Fall Schedule)
- 7 p.m. Announcements
- 7:10-7:55 p.m. Small Groups
- 8 - 8:30 p.m. Worship Led by Youth Band
Adult volunteers are always needed to teach Sunday School for both our middle and high school classes and to lead small groups on Wednesday nights. If you are interested, please contact Pastor Maggie for more information.
**All volunteers are required to complete the Ministry Safe training and an online background check in order to work with minors**
**A Medical Release form is required for all trips out of the McKinney area. It must be notarized and is valid for 1 year. Click here to download a form.**
Stay tuned for dates on serving trip, Bridgeport summer church camp, choir tour, and so much more!
Youth Choir Opportunities
Ascend Choir for Grades 6th – 8th - Rehearses on Sundays 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. This choir performs in church as well as "touring" locally at homeless shelters, nursing homes, and hospitals. Looking for young people who play instruments, sing, and have a heart for serving God with their musical talents. For more information, please contact Tracy Lastrapes.
Higher Ground Singers for Grades 9th – 12th Rehearsals are on Wednesday nights before Upper Alley youth group. Interested singers and instrumentalists should contact Hannah Walker for more information.